Why do we celebrate the passing of the old year and beginning of the new? Do our lives really change when a new year begins? Can they change?
intention(s) (noun) - plan(s)
transform (verb) - change
hope (noun/also sometimes a verb) - wanting something to happen
good will (expression) (adjective + noun) - kindness
bid farewell (expression) verb + noun) - say goodbye
usher in (verb) - mark the start of something
Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word.
1. When my mother leaves tomorrow, we will ______ ______________ .
2. The barber gave him a new hairstyle and _______________ the way he looks.
3. My _______________ is that my sick friend will feel better.
4. As a teacher, I like to ___________ ___ the new semester.
5. My family has the good _______________ to adopt a cat.
6. New Year's Eve is a time for __________ ___________ towards friends and family.
The personal pronouns in English include:
Which personal pronouns do you see in my paragraph? Write three sentences using personal pronouns.