Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Greatest Love Stories (on the occasion of Valentine's Day)





What are your favorite love stories from film, literature, or real life? Here's my real-life wedding photo from May 1990.

The film love story that I like best is Casablanca. Of books and films by the same name, I love Doctor Zhivago, Wuthering Heights (especially the Tom Hardy movie version), Pride and Prejudice, Anna Karenina, Beauty and the Beast, and The Sound of Music. Others that I like include Now Voyager, Dark Victory, The African Queen, Three Coins in a Fountain, Roman Holiday, It's a Wonderful Life, and The Lives of Others (German). On the light side, there are Tangled, Princess Bride, and Notting Hill. What new love stories are yet to be told? What about yours?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

My favorite romance movie is Roman Holiday with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. Your wedding photo is absolutely stunning! You were such a beautiful bride; thanks for sharing.